Need help transferring photos from my iPhone to my computer

Hieveryone

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 11, 2014
USA
I have about 7,000 photos on my iPhone. I would like to keep the last 1,000 or so on my phone and transfer the rest to my computer.

In the past I just had my MacBook import them, and it was all fine. But now with Live Photos, I cannot do that without losing the "live" part of the Live Photo.

What is the best way to go about doing this?

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Nov 15, 2012
If u have windows you can plug ur phone and select the windows option to transfer pictures when it pops out. There is an option to delete them from your phone once you transfer locally into the computer but I think this is an all or nothing setup.

Hieveryone

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 11, 2014
USA
If u have windows you can plug ur phone and select the windows option to transfer pictures when it pops out. There is an option to delete them from your phone once you transfer locally into the computer but I think this is an all or nothing setup.
I have a MacBook Pro but how do I keep Live Photos

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
I have a MacBook Pro but how do I keep Live Photos
Photos now supports Live Photos. Open up Photos (current version in High Sierra), plug in your iPhone, click on your phone in the device bar on the left. Thumbnails of your photos will populate. Click import. Done. They will all import.

That said, I highly recommend backing up your iPhone before doing this incase something goes fubar.

Hieveryone

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 11, 2014
USA
Photos now supports Live Photos. Open up Photos (current version in High Sierra), plug in your iPhone, click on your phone in the device bar on the left. Thumbnails of your photos will populate. Click import. Done. They will all import.

That said, I highly recommend backing up your iPhone before doing this incase something goes fubar.
FUUUBBBAAAAARRRRR LOL! It's been years since I've heard that word haha. Thanks for the flashback.

And will Photos keep in the order by date? Like oldest photos to newest?

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
FUUUBBBAAAAARRRRR LOL! It's been years since I've heard that word haha. Thanks for the flashback.

And will Photos keep in the order by date? Like oldest photos to newest?
Yes, just like any other photo with embedded EXIF data.