Need help... trying to create my own screensaver on a MacbookPro

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by DarkJade, Dec 18, 2009.

1. DarkJade macrumors newbie

Dec 18, 2009
    I have a a file that is a .mov file, i also have a version that is .mp4 i would very much like to make this my screen saver and i am just unsure how to make that happen... I have a windows .exe file that is the screensaver... and i was attempting to basically create a mac version for myself heh. I have searched through pages of google trying this and thank and still came up with nothin... so any help anyone could give would be great...

Thanks in advance...
  2. lancestraz macrumors 6502a

Nov 27, 2005
    The screensaver SaveHollywood lets you use a video file as a screensaver. It doesn't work in Snow Leopard though, yet.
  3. XxEjGxX macrumors regular

Dec 18, 2009
    i don't think there is a snow leopard one, but SaveHollyWood works pretty well [​IMG] it takes .mp4 files too so you won't have to convert
  4. DarkJade thread starter macrumors newbie

Dec 18, 2009
    Yet I suppose that "Snow Leopard" is OS X 10.6.2?

Which is what I have as I just got my new mac like 2 days ago hehe...
    So I guess I gotta wait until they hopefully fix the compatibility issue...

I do also have access to a couple windows based computers if you know of a way I might be able to create a Mac screensaver on there and then transfer it to my Mac? (I know I know I'm stretching for anything haha...)

Or even if someone that doesn't have Snow Leopard and has SaveHollywood that wants to take my file and make me a screensaver ;oP :D:p;) Hehe

SaveHollywood does look pretty nice... I just can't use it :( .......yet...
  5. max1018 macrumors member

Dec 28, 2007
    SaveHollywood doesnt make a screensaver, it is the screensaver. You just select what movie you want when you choose it. It's a shame as I am trying to find an alternative as well.