Need help... trying to create my own screensaver on a MacbookPro

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by DarkJade, Dec 18, 2009.

1. DarkJade macrumors newbie

I have a a file that is a .mov file, i also have a version that is .mp4 i would very much like to make this my screen saver and i am just unsure how to make that happen... I have a windows .exe file that is the screensaver... and i was attempting to basically create a mac version for myself heh. I have searched through pages of google trying this and thank and still came up with nothin... so any help anyone could give would be great...

Thanks in advance...
    ~Jade

2. lancestraz macrumors 6502a

lancestraz

The screensaver SaveHollywood lets you use a video file as a screensaver. It doesn't work in Snow Leopard though, yet.

3. XxEjGxX macrumors regular

i don't think there is a snow leopard one, but SaveHollyWood works pretty well [​IMG] it takes .mp4 files too so you won't have to convert

4. DarkJade thread starter macrumors newbie

Yet I suppose that "Snow Leopard" is OS X 10.6.2?

Which is what I have as I just got my new mac like 2 days ago hehe...
    So I guess I gotta wait until they hopefully fix the compatibility issue...

I do also have access to a couple windows based computers if you know of a way I might be able to create a Mac screensaver on there and then transfer it to my Mac? (I know I know I'm stretching for anything haha...)

Or even if someone that doesn't have Snow Leopard and has SaveHollywood that wants to take my file and make me a screensaver ;oP :D:p;) Hehe

SaveHollywood does look pretty nice... I just can't use it :( .......yet...

5. max1018 macrumors member

max1018

SaveHollywood doesnt make a screensaver, it is the screensaver. You just select what movie you want when you choose it. It's a shame as I am trying to find an alternative as well.