Need help understand the drivers situation.

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by vols, Dec 19, 2013.

1. vols macrumors regular

Hi all,

Long time PC user and just received my first (new 2013) MBA a week ago. I have installed Windows 7 without any complications, until I noticed the following hardware was not installed via Device Manager:

Multimedia Controller
    Network Controller
    PCI Simple Communications Controller
    SM Bus Controller

Are these to be installed from the Boot Camp drivers? If so, how do I access that?
    I don't believe I saw anything during the installation about Boot Camp drivers. So my guess would be to go to each hardware's manufactures website to download each driver?

Another note...I've tried searching for the ability to right-click in Windows and found the fix is within Boot Camp Applet in the Control Panel, but I do not have that. Any fixes there?

Thanks for the help!

2. jenzjen macrumors 68000

Rerun BCA in OS X, you will see an option to download windows support software. Download and install on windows.

Or, go to Apple's download/support site, and download the newest boot camp package. I believe it is 5.0.x something.

3. Quackers macrumors 6502a

If you already have the support drivers, from inside Windows navigate to the Bootcamp folder and inside that double-click on the setup.exe and the installation should start.

4. vols thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks guys. I found the bootcamp folder on my USB used to install windows.

5. frozenpaladin macrumors newbie

Hey vols, can you tell me what you did to fix it cause I have the same problem, with both right clicking and missing drivers.