Need help understanding ATT Tethering plans..

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Blarneystone, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Blarneystone macrumors member

Hi, I have my iphone 4 through ATT and I've currently got the unlimited data plan.

I'd like to use tethering for my iPad. There does not seem to be any clear answer as to whether the basic tethering plan will allow me to get Push email from our company Exchange server. I've asked two different reps and they say "it lets you connect to your company server."

Well, what the hell does that mean? We've got 20 servers. If I don't go with the "enterprise" plan does that mean I can connect to no servers?

If I switch from unlimited to their basic tethering, I think that will be enough data for me, but if I have to go $65 just to get Exchange mail, they can forget it.

Do you understand the different tethering plans?

2. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

Back when they were still offering unlimited data plans a rep. told me that only their enterprise plan could access email. They'll function the same way but I'm not sure what difference AT&T claims there is. Both push and exchange function on the normal plan.

3. Blarneystone thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the info. I would do the jailbreak and mywi tether, but I've read how ATT is cracking down on that.