Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cavanboy18

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 29, 2009
i just noticed from my friend pointing out that my unibody shell is misshaped. the top part over hangs on the front end a little bit and has a curvature and isnt perfectly straight. its been 2 months since i bought it and its my 1st mac. what should i do? am i stuck with this body? it started making scratching noises now when i open it. i am a college student and in a full year round program and really cant lose a week or 2 without it. will the apple store give me a brand new one or will they try and fix the case? i have never dropped it or dont anything weird to it. i have a incase laptop bag for it also. please im panicking i dont want the glass screen to break or something cus of the wear on it. thanks so much for your reply ahead of time!

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
Interesting that you didn't even notice it but it had to be pointed out to you by someone else before it became a problem for you.

The only answer is to take it in to the Apple Store and let them evaluate it for you. If it is a significant issue they will deal with it under warranty appropriately.

Woof, Woof - Dawg
pawprint.gif

Cavanboy18

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 29, 2009
well i didnt know it was supposed to be this perfectly aligned case and what not? im new to this mac scene and not familiar with there products so i just thought it was that way.

qpid

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2004
Odds are they will fix it, not exchange it. They exchange in the first 14 days or after multiple repairs. However they are really fast with repairs. Shipped out a MBA from the Apple store at 8pm, had it on my doorstep Thursday morning.

JimboJones97

macrumors newbie
Nov 2, 2007
Give me a break

What is with all these unibody people posting threads asking if we think Apple will give them the new upgraded MBPs if they complain about some minor nit picky problem.

APPLE WILL NOT REPLACE YOUR OLD MODEL WITH THE NEW ONE JUST BECAUSE OF SOME TINY ISSUE YOU THINK YOU FOUND.

geoffreak

macrumors 68020
Feb 8, 2008
What is with all these unibody people posting threads asking if we think Apple will give them the new upgraded MBPs if they complain about some minor nit picky problem.

APPLE WILL NOT REPLACE YOUR OLD MODEL WITH THE NEW ONE JUST BECAUSE OF SOME TINY ISSUE YOU THINK YOU FOUND.
OP doesn't appear to be asking for the newer model, just a laptop that doesn't scratch itself.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.