Need Help Unibody mest up? *asap*

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Cavanboy18, Jun 15, 2009.

1. Cavanboy18 macrumors regular

i just noticed from my friend pointing out that my unibody shell is misshaped. the top part over hangs on the front end a little bit and has a curvature and isnt perfectly straight. its been 2 months since i bought it and its my 1st mac. what should i do? am i stuck with this body? it started making scratching noises now when i open it. i am a college student and in a full year round program and really cant lose a week or 2 without it. will the apple store give me a brand new one or will they try and fix the case? i have never dropped it or dont anything weird to it. i have a incase laptop bag for it also. please im panicking i dont want the glass screen to break or something cus of the wear on it. thanks so much for your reply ahead of time!

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Interesting that you didn't even notice it but it had to be pointed out to you by someone else before it became a problem for you.

The only answer is to take it in to the Apple Store and let them evaluate it for you. If it is a significant issue they will deal with it under warranty appropriately.

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

3. Cavanboy18 thread starter macrumors regular

well i didnt know it was supposed to be this perfectly aligned case and what not? im new to this mac scene and not familiar with there products so i just thought it was that way.

4. TwinCities Dan macrumors 603

TwinCities Dan

Double Parked out front of the Courthouse
    Like MacDawg Pro said, bring it in to Apple and see what they say. There really is no other answer.

5. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Now that is a Collector's Edition.

6. Cavanboy18 thread starter macrumors regular

why?

7. chriszzz macrumors 6502

There is no such thing as an "Apple BookPro", which is what your signature says.

No offense, but you should probably squeeze another English class or two into your schedule.

8. UrFatMom macrumors regular

You could always get a plastic surgery...

Sorry couldn't resist :p

9. qpid macrumors regular

Odds are they will fix it, not exchange it. They exchange in the first 14 days or after multiple repairs. However they are really fast with repairs. Shipped out a MBA from the Apple store at 8pm, had it on my doorstep Thursday morning.

10. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

One of a kind!!11!

11. JimboJones97 macrumors newbie

Give me a break

What is with all these unibody people posting threads asking if we think Apple will give them the new upgraded MBPs if they complain about some minor nit picky problem.

APPLE WILL NOT REPLACE YOUR OLD MODEL WITH THE NEW ONE JUST BECAUSE OF SOME TINY ISSUE YOU THINK YOU FOUND.

12. geoffreak macrumors 68020

geoffreak

OP doesn't appear to be asking for the newer model, just a laptop that doesn't scratch itself.