need help uninstalling old adobe apps, and a thanks

ashray98

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 12, 2006
First, thanks to so many who have helped me update my OLD powerbook G4. My Ti-book onxy (667 mhz) is a new machine thanks to the suggestions of upgrading my OS finally, and 1 gb of RAM (which I just installed myself tonight, yay me!)

All of this was to facilitate installing adobe cs3 (design premium). Yes, I am getting a new IMAC soon, but until then, this baby still rocks! SOOOO,

now everything is installed, but with only about 8 GB of space on my harddrive (go ahead and laugh), I need to get rid of some old apps. Mainly all of my old adobe apps (photoshop 7, Illustrator 10, etc.).

Now that I am looking at it, it might have been better to uninstall before I installed the new stuff, but I did not want to chance something not working, then be with out. SO...

I know the basics. Throw the app folders in the trash and empty trash. What about the folders in the library, and other places. At quick glance, it all looks intermingled. I am afraid I will throw out some things I need.

Any advice?

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
I don't own any of Adobe's apps but I believe that there's an uninstaller somewhere (maybe in the Utilities folder).

iBookG4user

macrumors 604
Jun 27, 2006
Seattle, WA
If you don't have any adobe apps that you need installed right now you can delete the adobe application support files. Macintosh HD>Library>Application Support and delete the Adobe folder. Then go to your home folder>Library>Application Support and delete the Adobe folder there.

ashray98

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 12, 2006
2 problems.

1 - old apps do not have an uninstall. just the old drag to trash then empty.

2 - I already installed the new CS3, so I am worried that I might get rid of some stuff I might need if I delete the adobe folder in the app. support folder.

Guess I can always reinstall if I get rid of something I might need. Just wanted to throw it out in case anyone did it backwards, like me!

Thanks!

iBookG4user

macrumors 604
Jun 27, 2006
Seattle, WA
You should uninstall CS3 and get rid of the application support files for the older adobe apps and then reinstall CS3. It won't take that long to reinstall CS3.