Need help: unlocking iPhone 3G without SIM, 3.1.3

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by cleanup, Aug 24, 2010.

1. cleanup macrumors 68030

cleanup

So I just purchased an iPhone 3G for a friend. However, it needs to be unlocked as he lives overseas. Here's the low-down:

It has been restored (with 3.1.3) but not activated. It is stuck on the USB + iTunes deal. I do not have a carrier-appropriate SIM card with me.

Neither redsn0w 0.9.4 nor redsn0w 0.9.5b5 recognise the 3.1.3 firmware I downloaded directly from the Apple servers. I have downloaded 3.1.2 as well, but I have read online that I shouldn't use this if I wish to unlock. It is recognised by 0.9.4 however. Should I just go ahead and use it, even though the iPhone presumably has 3.1.3 on it?

I need to:

a) Hacktivate (no SIM)
    b) Jailbreak
    c) Unlock

Please, someone tell me how to do so. I'm at my wits end with this. I don't want to brick the phone, and I don't want to spend any more time downloading huge firmware updates.

Also, I'm on a Windows 7 PC with iTunes 9.2.

Cheers!

2. cleanup thread starter macrumors 68030

cleanup

3. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

4. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

I jailbroke and unlocked two 3G phones for a co-worker on t-mobile.
    I downgraded from 4.0 to 3.1.3. then kicked it out of recovery. Using redsnow 0.9.4 with 3.1.2, I jailbroke it. My co-worker took the jailbroken phones, accessed wifi, d/l ultrasnow and popped in a t-mobile sim to test.

Your results may differ since you're on Windows.

5. iTouch macrumors 6502

Sn0wbreeze will work and it will create a custom 3.1.3 for you. Then go to Cydia and install ultrasn0w.

6. Bandolier macrumors 6502a

It's ironic how you probably pretended you could do this stuff to look technologically proficient, yet you can't do it.

7. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

:confused: What in the world are you talking about?