Need help unlocking iPhone 3gs

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by timneedshelp, Feb 18, 2012.

1. timneedshelp macrumors newbie

So here is a little background information...

I got a new iPhone 3gs running ios 5.0.1 from the Apple store last week. I inserted my tmobile sim and surprisingly it recognized it without having to install ultrasn0w. I used SAMprefs to activate it and had a fully functional 3gs. I noticed a few days later that I couldnt access the internet unless I had wifi so after doing a little research I (stupidly) decided to restore the network settings straight from the device. After doing this, the iPhone rebooted and no longer recognized my tmobile sim and said "no service."

Now I am unsure what to do next. The baseband is 05.16.05 and my serial number is xxx153 so I cannot change the baseband to 06.15.00. I need help unlocking my device to work on tmobile again but I do not know where to begin.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Nothing you can do to unlock it.
    Try another restore or DFU restore. Its weird how it recognized and worked with your Tmobile USA sim before and then just stopped.
    Either way you cant install the ipad bb on that phone so dont try it or you will fry the radio chip in it.

3. timneedshelp thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you but still no luck. i guess my only solution would be to sell it and buy an older one or something. unless you know if they're ever going to develop a way to fix this..

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced