Need help unlocking iphone 4 - Version 4.1

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by louis626, Apr 8, 2011.

1. louis626 macrumors newbie

i have tried to unlock my iphone but can't save SHSH, because Apple no longer sign these requests off. I used Green Poison as directed, and my device is now in the pending tss queue. Now I know that apple won't sign it off and I've looked and looked on the internet for a solution but all information I can find in relation to version 4.1 is outdated, because obviously it was valid at the time it was written.

I don't know what I should do, restore and upgrade my phone to the current version and start the jailbreak process again.

I'd really appreciate it if anyone could help me out, tell me what to do next or just general advice.

Thanks in advance
    Louis

2. WhatAmI macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

If you tell us what baseband/modem firmware you have we'd be able to tell you whether you can unlock or not...in essence, anything above 01.59.00 is baaad

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

If it was on official 4.1 you cannot unlock it with Ultrasnow.
    You can try one of those turbosim adapters though.
    That's the only other option.

4. louis626 thread starter macrumors newbie

iphone

I'm on baseband 02.10.04! does that mean I can't do it? I don't really know how or why I'm on this baseband but that's what it is!

How can you determine if it's official 4.1 or not? Does that just mean if it was downloaded directly from Apple or not? Sorry if I'm asking stupid questions, I've learned a lot about jailbreaking in the last week but obviously not enough! it's proving more difficult then I imagined!

Thanks for the replies!

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, means that you cannot software unlock it right now and your baseband cannot be downgraded either so you're out of luck for now.

6. louis626 thread starter macrumors newbie

iphone

Oh no... When you say I'm out of luck for now, what exactly am I waiting for and do you have any idea of what kind of timeframe we're talking about?

Thanks for your help again!

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You're stuck waiting for a new unlock but noone knows how long that will take. But doesn't look good at the moment. Buying a turbosim to hardware unlock is the other option I mentioned above.