Need Help Unlocking My iPhone!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mizzbiitch001, Mar 24, 2012.

1. Mizzbiitch001 macrumors newbie

Mar 24, 2012
    Hey everyone,
    I just recieved my iphone today (i'm not sure which one it is). I have been trying to unlock it all day, but I keep running into sites that charge to unlock it. And I keep finding sites that tell me I need to update my iphone so itunes would identify it as an ipad, but I don't want to do that because of the risks I read about.
    Can anyone help me unlock my iphone please?
    Version: 4.2.1 (8C148)
    Firmware: 05.15.04

P.s This is my first iphone and I am not too familiar with it, so please answer in a way that is easy to understand lol thanks! :p
  2. miles01110 macrumors Core

Jul 24, 2006
    The Ivory Tower (I'm not coming down)
    This is an iPhone 4 with baseband 05.15.04. You can't unlock it with software; your only option is to use something like the Gevey sim card.
  3. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

Oct 14, 2007
    Im hard pressed to believe your not aware of what model iPhone you have.

First thing to learn is what idevice your using , and then how it works, and way down the line how to unlock and jailbreak it.

4. Mizzbiitch001 thread starter macrumors newbie

Mar 24, 2012
    I was more focused on unlocking it!!! :cool:

I just found out its an iphone 3g ..
    I'll look into the Gevey sim card, thanks
  5. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

Oct 21, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    The gevey sim won't work for the 3G. You'll have to install the iPad baseband to unlock your iPhone.
  6. jimmirehman macrumors 6502

Sep 14, 2012
    Just slide to unlock. LOL
  7. propalitet macrumors member

Mar 26, 2011
    Hahaha, nice one.

Seriously, If it's AT&T, just go on ebay and buy an unlock or 5-10 $.

If it's a 3g I wouldn't advise you to do the ipad baseband thing since you're not that familiar with it. I did it and it worked, but only on early devices, the newer ones you would brick by doing that.