Need Help unlocking new iphone 4

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by hungry92, Apr 22, 2011.

1. hungry92 macrumors newbie

My boss bought himself a new iphone 4 from hong kong and he wanted me to unlock it so he can use any carrier .... I thought i could jailbreak it cause i jailbroke my ipad and itouch both on ios 4.2.1 using greenpoison which was pretty str8 forward .... But on the iphone4's screen there is a note saying please insert a valid sim card. The same message is displayed even in itunes and i cant do anything. Can sum1 help me out with this problem.

I've already downloaded the 4.2.1 firmware and greenpoison for windows !!

Thnx in advance !

2. seanwebb68 macrumors 6502

What version of IOS is it running at the moment and what baseband? Your probably not going to be able to unlock it but if you give us this information we can advise further.

3. Myzhi macrumors 6502a

Most likely it can't be software unlock (Ultrasnow) given that firmware, but still, we need to know the baseband. You boss should have bought a factory unlock phone from Hong Kong then he wouldn't have to ever worry about unlocking the phone.

And, to get pass the no sim message, you need to hackivate the phone. Use Redsnow during JBing to do it.

4. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Official iPhone 4 from hong kong are supposed to be unlocked.

Did he cheap out and pay someone at Kong Kong for a LOCKED phone? :confused:

5. labman macrumors 604

labman

if you plug into itunes and you should get this it's unlocked. Sounds like your bosses phone isnt unlocked. :( what baseband does it have I am guesing the only options might be grevy sim or paid unlock where are you from? if you are US I think att put a stop to unlocks at least for now.

[​IMG]