Need help unlocking son's iPhone

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by gaijin88, Sep 21, 2011.

1. gaijin88 macrumors newbie

I'm sorry if this topic has already been addressed, but I don't have time to search given my family's current situation - our youngest son passed away last weekend. I want to get into his iPhone 3GS (iOS 4.3.5), but he has the four-number password feature set. I was thinking of just doing a brute force attack using the 10000 possible combinations, but I didn't know that the iOS locks you out for one minute after 5 unsuccessful attempts, then 5 minutes after the 6th attempt, then 15 minutes after the 7th attempt (I stopped trying after that). So is there any way to hack into his phone while still preserving the data, particularly the saved email passwords and text messages? I don't care if it affects any other capabilities of the phone since I don't intend to use it again and will cancel the service after I review the data. Obviously I am desperate to do this and will be eternally grateful to anyone who can help. Please let me know ASAP is you need more information.

Thanks!

2. Yousef.AlMal macrumors newbie

First I'm very sorry sorry of your son.

Before you wanna do this, i just want to let you know that this will delete all of the data of the phone (apps, contacts and EVERYTHING)

1. get iTunes
    2. plug the iPhone to iTunes
    3. click on the iPhone on the left sidebar on iTunes
    4. click restore.

Wait till the process is done.

3. labman macrumors 604

labman

Wrong info op do more reserch. I or maybe somebody else has more time to explone. Just avoid this advice.

4. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

concur with Labman on this. The instruction is wrong. You can't just restore a password locked phone like that. It must be in DFU mode to restore.

5. iDuel macrumors 6502a

iDuel

Are you both serious? This person has lost a family member, and is looking for help with the diseased's iPhone and you both are going to start arguing?
    ----------

Op, here's a link that should help: http://www.techcular.com/break-iphone-passcode/

I'm very sorry for your loss.

6. LithePanther macrumors 6502

Thank you for helping the OP.

7. Brandon0448 macrumors 6502

Brandon0448

Doing this will wipe all the data the the OP is looking for. Unfortunately I do not believe there is any way to get the data you are looking for without knowing the password. I'm sorry for your loss.

8. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

I think the op would be better off going to apple and asking for help. Even if they can't, they probably know someone who can do hd data recovery.

9. gaijin88 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the responses to date. I'm learning the terminology as go along, so I now know that I don't need the phone hacked or unlocked, just the password broken or removed. I tried this through the San Diego Fashion Valley Apple Store, and they not only said they couldn't do it, but that it couldn't be done (they did remove the password from my son's MacBook with OS 10.7 Lion in just a couple of minutes).

I found the following YouTube video that gives me hope that the passcode can be removed/broken:

http://www.youtube.com/user/MrNerveGas#p/u/6/5wS3AMbXRLs

I've messaged this guy on YouTube, but no answer yet. He mentions that he uses "law enforcement forensic tools", but it can also be done with other tools such as purple rain or redsn0w. The video is from July 2009, so I wonder if this can still be done with iOS 4.3.5. I've also considered contacting a local law enforcement agency, but I 'm not confident that they would help me, even if I showed them my son's death certificate.

I would still appreciate any help that anyone can provide. I live in the San Diego area, so if any of you are local I would be willing to pay a fee if this can be done successfully.

10. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

I hope the local law enforcement agency won't do this or else I won't be paying my tax!