Need Help Upgrading From 10.2.3 To 10.3

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by lostangelent, Jul 28, 2009.

1. lostangelent macrumors newbie

lostangelent

:apple: I have an older G4 Mirrored Drive Doors that I sold to a friend which I restored initial OS to 10.2.3. The software I received with the MAC when I purchased from ebay is 10.3.2 Panther which I need to install for him for the music production software that he has. :apple: I am having trouble doing this. The cd's are burned but have all necessary files and folders on them (it has the icon for the real mac osx installer so I don't believe its the disks), and when I start the install software it says "click restart to start installation process" and I click restart but the computer just starts over with disk in main window next to Hard drive and network icon. Any clues on how I can make this work? :apple:

Plz no jokes about how ancient this OS is lol

2. LowEnder macrumors member

Are the Panther disks "model specific"/grey disks? or are they the retailupgrade version for all models? This may be your problem.

3. lostangelent thread starter macrumors newbie

lostangelent

They are copies but they say MAC OSX PANTHER INSTALL DISK 1 and they open up several folders with different languages and the mac osx install icon