Need Help Upgrading iPhone 3GS

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by maxcxa, Aug 23, 2011.

1. maxcxa macrumors newbie

Hi there,

I've looked around but I am unsure about the basband preservation for an upgrade. I have an iPhone 3GS on 3.0.11 and it is unlocked through ultrasn0w. I want to upgrade to the latest jailbroken ios but not sure how to go about it. Do I have to preserve the baseband or can I just update to 4.3.1 and use jailbreakme?

Thanks for the help.

2. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

If you want to unlock you should retain the baseband. Have you been jailbroken previously and do you have SHSH blobs.

If you do then you can use pwnage tool to create a custom firmware and upgrade to 4.3.2 or 4.3.3.

If you just update you will get 4.3.5 which does not have an untethered jailbreak and you will also get a baseband that you cannot unlock.

3. maxcxa thread starter macrumors newbie

It's jailbroken but I have never updated. This is the first time. And I wanna keep the unlock.
    Thanks for the help.

4. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

Either launch Cydia and check the top of the page, it will tell u which version of iOS Cydia has Shsh for. Alternatively get tiny umbrella and run save shsh it will go to Cydia and download and report on which shsh it finds on Cydia.