Need help urgently!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Sambo110, Dec 31, 2008.

1. Sambo110 macrumors 68000

The bottom left of my screen, presses down a bit when I press it, even lightly. it. It's like it has come loose and stick up a bit. Is this bad? Why is it doing this?

2. JustOneQuickONe macrumors 6502

I'm curious as well as if this is normal, mine presses down a bit on the left too and also on the right but very very slightly. I'm guessing its normal and I wouldn't worry about it unless it lets dust in under the screen. I would guess this is due to the "guts" under the screen towards the bottom? Not sure either was I don't think its a huge deal.

3. Elppa14 macrumors newbie

i was just wondering about that to! i am pretty sure it is normal it's happening to mine, but not that deep in. dont worry!

4. JustOneQuickONe macrumors 6502

thats what i'm thinking too and i just bought mine brand new a few days ago so it can't be from constant use and most likely normal

5. Edandlindz28 macrumors regular

I am taking mine in tomorrow for that same issue. It does it all the way up the left side, but not the right. I will have to see what they say.

6. JustOneQuickONe macrumors 6502

sounds good, keep us informed. If they say it is a problem I'll probably exchange mine so that it doesn't get possibly get worse

7. Edandlindz28 macrumors regular

Took it back today and Apple replaced it no issues. They said it was not supposed to do that. Didn't take too long at all.

8. DuckSoup macrumors 6502a

DuckSoup

I am thinking it is either normal and your Apple store is wrong or that it is just not a problem and some will do that. There are plenty of threads here showing that the Apple stores do not know everything and often gave conflicting information from store to store.

My 1G does not do it at all but by looking under a microscope at it and comparing it to my 2G I see a difference in the construction with a very thin border membrane around the 2G screen. The border is at least the thickness of a fingernail. I've seen similar construction on other touch-screen and key-pad devices. The 1G has no such border nor membrane. It's solidly up against the rest of the frame.

As for my 2G, it moves along all sides, all four corners. The bottom left corner seems a little more movement than the rest of it, but I for one am not concerned. It all seems properly sealed and I cannot see that changing over time. Of course I could be wrong, but based on what I am seeing I definetley think it's normal.

Mike

9. DuckSoup macrumors 6502a

DuckSoup

On mine the right moves, but not as much as the left. But it moves. If you have any device that can magnify wha tyou see, try it. I am thinking tehre will be at least some movement along the right.