Carrier Need help using AT&T sim and Verizon iPhone 7+

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nealh, Sep 27, 2016.

1. nealh macrumors 6502

Hi. I initially bought an AT&T iPhone7+ full price from Apple.com at launch, I activated the phone with the installed sim card. All is great so far.

I realized I may want to switch carries. Since the AT&T iphone 7's have no CDMA, I did not want to be locked to AT&T without the option to be able to move to Verizon if needed down the road(I am on no contracts with AT&T).
    I purchased a Verizon iPhone 7+ at the Apple store, full price as device only with no linked Verizon account or number
    I know to remove any sim in the Verizon phone first before turning it on.

Can I simply take the At&T sim from my AT&T iPhone 7+, turn off that phone. Install the iPhone7+ AT&T sim into the Verizon phone and expect it to activate and work without doing anything else?

Do you think I will need to call AT&T to link the sim to the new Verizon phone IMEI?

TIA for any advice

2. jtxmobile macrumors newbie

jtxmobile

No need to call AT&T....just take out the AT&T and put it on the Unlocked Verizon 7+ and it will pick up the AT&T network. I just did this with my AT&T 6S Plus when I got the Matted Black Verizon Phone

3. nealh thread starter macrumors 6502

Thank you. But I am wondering if switching to a between an AT&T iPhone 7 and Verizon version will cause an issue.

I guess it would work the same as going from iPhone 6S to iPhone 7.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 27, 2016 ---
    By the way are all the AT&T functions working ok on the Verizon iphone7...ie VoLTE, wi-fi calling etc?
    Thanks