need help w/ cracks w/ pre-unibody macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by dctalk523, Jul 26, 2010.

1. dctalk523 macrumors newbie

hi. can someone pls help. i took my pre-unibody macbook to apple today b/c of cracks found on the palm rest, back & bottom portion of case, and the screen housing area (back where the hinges are). the genius guy helping me told me that all apple can do is replace the palm rest area and everything else would have to be out of my own pocket. now i've read that if your macbook is 3 yrs and under the case where the cracks are found should be covered. also, to make matters worse I showed the guy my bulging battery & he said the best he can do is offer me a battery for $99. now i'm not asking for a new computer. all i want are simple repairs be done to take care of the cracking issue. yes it's just surface cracks but why should i be stuck w/ something that clearly is apples fault. any advice/suggestions would really help. thanks.

2. skorada123 macrumors newbie

One thing I've figured out is it all depends on the mood and knowledge of the Geniuses. Sometimes they have said they will replace the cracks for free, other times they said they won't. But I'm sure you need extended warranty (AppleCare). Do you have it?

3. chris2k5 macrumors 6502a