Need help w/ crooked/uneven trackpad...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by markus843, Nov 17, 2012.

1. markus843, Nov 17, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2012

markus843 macrumors regular

Hello everyone,

I posted a thread like this a while ago, and I have returned. I had a macbook with an uneven trackpad, the right side was dipped in 1.5mm, and the left side was 1mm above the case. I went to an authorized retailer, and they told me to send it to apple, so I did. I told them everything, and they said for me to ship it in. I got it back a few days later, and I noticed that nothing has changed. Infact, it's harder to click, and when I press on it lightly, I hear creaking sounds. I call apple again and told them that nothing changed, and it got worse. The guy said that it's normal in these macbooks. I am really ticked off and I really need help. Is there a way to fix this myself by unscrewing anything? I honestly don't care about my warranty, and I don't care if it's uneven. I just want it fully functioning. Please... help....

2012 most recent 13" cMbp aluminum unibody

2. Blondie :) macrumors 6502a

Blondie :)

I honestly wouldn't recommend trying to fix the trackpad yourself. It's a difficult task, considering you have to remove most of the guts of the computer. There are guides on iFixit if you really want to give it a shot, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Personally, I would take it into apple and make them give you a replacement. The representative you talked to probably didn't quite know what he was talking about.

3. harry454 macrumors 6502

call back and ask to speak to a senior advisor or apple customer relations, they usually sort stuff out.

4. AppleNewton macrumors 68000

AppleNewton

is it a unibody macbook pro? 13"? 15"? 17"
    The trackpads in the aluminum unibodies are easy to adjust but dont want to mess with them too much otherwise you could cause unnecessary wear.

all they need to do is remove the hdd and battery and its quite easy to adjust the track pad with #00 and T6

schedule a genius bar appointment and see if they can take care of it there on the spot shouldn't take more than 15 minutes.

5. markus843 thread starter macrumors regular

I accidentally didn't provide details, my bad. I live 2 hours away from the genius', but hell I just want it to be fixed. I'll be trying tomorrow, and I'll see what happens. If they don't fix it i'll just do it myself :rolleyes:... Anyways its the 2012 most recent 13" cMbp aluminum unibody

6. AppleNewton macrumors 68000

AppleNewton

Do you have an authorized apple provider closer? they would be able to do that too for ya.

sucks that you have to drive that far for it, but definitely get it taken care of.