Need help w/my new Jailbroken Iphone/Cydia?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by lacma76, Aug 23, 2010.

1. lacma76 macrumors newbie

Please help.
    I just got a my jailbroken iphone(3G). I don't know what I should do?

1. Everything is working fine, but when my phone opens up to the default page

it was sold to me under it goes to Jailbreak Me site and it says "oops It looks like

the installer crashed last time you tried to jailbreak. :( "
    then it says "More info" If I slide to jailbreak it says "warning, it looks like your already jailbroken- doing it again might be harmful - Cancel or Jailbreak"? I can still surf and use the web and the phone with wifi... and i can use the phone regularly. I'm still waiting to add the data. I have to wait til my next cycle... so I don't know if there will be issues.

2. I have Cydia icon. I don't know whether I should download Cydia. My phone is 4.0.1 version, does that mean if I download it, Cydia will downgrade to a lower vs.?

3. If I don't download Cydia-(I really don't know what Cydia is) will my phone be unjailbroken sooner or later.?

4.Also, if I don't download Cydia and install vs. 4.0.2 will it unjailbreak my phone?

5. Am I able to start playing with Itunes now... or will it try to upgrade to 4.0.2 and unjailbreak my phone--so should I wait til I know exactly what to do?

I have a jailbroken phone so I am able to use with another provider from the norm.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me with my long questions?

2. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

You should really do some basic research first then come ask questions on things you don't understand. Obviously you don't understand the basics of the iphone let alone what jailbreaking is or does.

EDIT:
    1) I don't understand what your trying to get at here. It sounds like your in safari and on the jailbreakme.com website. You don't need this your already jailbroken.

2)The cydia icon means that cydia is installed already. Cydia has nothing to do with what iOS you are on.

3)Once again Cydia is installed AKA jailbroken.

4) If you install 4.0.2 you will be unjailbroken. This is only done through itunes and has nothing to do with cydia.

5) Yes, you can 'play' with itunes (if your talking about the itunes on your computer) but when it ask you if you want to update, decline.

Please do some basic research.