Need help - wedding with iMovie

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by JDee, Aug 20, 2009.

1. JDee macrumors 6502a

Hi guys,

My cousin is having a wedding, and in her marquee she wants a movie of all her photos of when and her to be husband were young.

She also wants everyones pictures with her throughout her life time, so nearly everyone in the wedding will be on the movie.

I am creating the "movie" through iMovie 09' and a suggestion was brought to me, when the Best Man is speaking - I could move to that photo of him in an instant.

Is there any way I can do this while playing a movie through Quicktime made from iMovie?

Thank you!!

2. MKSinSA macrumors regular

MKSinSA

How about putting the movie on one menu item and a photo of the best man in a separate slide show? That way you'd have instant access to his pic from the menu. If the movie continues after the speech, have a third menu item designed to run immediately afterward.

Cheers! :cool:

3. JDee thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for this! Sounds great, how would I go about doing this?

4. MKSinSA macrumors regular

MKSinSA

Here's a nice set of tutorials from Apple that give you an idea of how to do this in iDVD. Pretty easy to get the hang of.

Good luck on the project. Let me know how it turns out. ;)

5. JDee thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ok, just checked this out!

Really appreciate you helping me - but I don't think that will work - not sure why.

I am hiring a projector for the wedding.

An idea just popped in to my head, I could have another computer beside my MBP showing just the picture - and when the best man is speaking, I could change the source of the projector to the other computer...

Would that work?

thanks again!

6. MKSinSA macrumors regular

MKSinSA

I think you're overthinking it

Your menu options would be on the Mac, not in the projector, so that wouldn't impact the switch. If you have a remote that would make it even more streamlined. Practice it a few times and you'll make the transition even easier. (Using a second notebook then requires either a switch or a second projector.) Play with it and make sure it won't work for you.

7. JDee thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ok, not sure if you would understand this:

If I had iDVD running - here is a scenario:

I have the movie running - I then switch it to the picture of the Best Man through a different chapter/title using the remote.

If, when the BM speech is over, I want to move it back to the movie, but I am guessing it'll start over again.

??

8. MKSinSA macrumors regular

MKSinSA

Perfect!! The only thing I'd suggest is make two movies (use the last part of the first one if you think it won't play all the way through). You could change the music (if you plan to use it) alter the order of the photos, add some festive footage so people aren't seeing the exact same thing after the toast. Drinks are now being served, right? :D

So the order would be
    Movie One
    Pic of Best Man
    Movie Two

That should cover you.
    (BTW, this must be a very good friend for all this sweat and tears!)

9. JDee thread starter macrumors 6502a

hahaha!! lol!

Okay, so I'm not sure about this.

I really don't have a clue how long the speech will take, therefore I can't really make another movie 2 based of that.

I think I might head down the splitting route - http://www.amazon.com/Projector-Splitter-cable-Plated-connectors/dp/B000FI2EAG

is this something that would work?

thanks

10. MKSinSA macrumors regular

MKSinSA

Now we're into hardware

I would check with the folks you're renting the projector from. I think you need an adapter. They might have one (or two).