need help what screen protector can ...

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by jemstage, Mar 18, 2015.

1. jemstage macrumors newbie

may i ask what tempered glass protector can fit inside otterbox def for iphone 6 plus?coz i dont wan take out the plastic

2. mhunter6378 macrumors regular

I have a tempered glass screen protector on my 6+ and it's .33mm thick. When I use my Otterbox Defender it works fine inside the case. However, I always remove the plastic screen protectors from the Defenders when I use them, just don't like the feel and for me they always seem to decrease the screen's touch sensitivity, just my personal preference. If you want to try one without removing the plastic protector on the Defender, I would suggest you consider the Benks glass that is .15mm in thickness. One other thought though, by using both you may run into an issue with Touch ID. My guess is the glass screen protector under the plastic protector of the Defender may hold the membrane over and away from the Home button a bit.

3. jemstage thread starter macrumors newbie

what protector are u using ? full frame ? or non full frame ?

4. mhunter6378 macrumors regular

5. mhunter6378 macrumors regular

Here are some pictures for you. They are both set up the same way, with the same screen protector that I linked earlier. I have modified my Otterbox slightly by cutting out the separator bar across the earpiece cutout, makes it easier to swipe down for notifications and looks more symmetrical to me, it's a personal preference for me. Anyway here they are;

Attached Files:

6. mhunter6378 macrumors regular

Here's a couple more;

Attached Files:

7. DeafRaiders macrumors regular

i got this one Moshi iVisor Glass for iPhone edge to edge screen protector best i've use by far and fits any case size

8. jemstage thread starter macrumors newbie

does it fit in otterbox defender case?

9. srltzz342 macrumors member

I don't understand the importance of glass screen protectors. 1st, they don't fully fit. 2nd, they peel at the edges (with and without case) and 3rd, while they offer drop protector a little more than plastic ones, they shatter and crack and chip way more often than the plastic ones.

I've been using plastic ones since the iPhone 4, and I've never had a problem. They are less expensive, and in my opinion, better.

Please don't tear me apart for my opinions. I know that glass is "better" and that i "obviously" have never used it. Please leave the messageboard attacks on youtube.

10. scjr macrumors 68000

scjr

I've been using glass protectors for awhile and never had any chipping issues. I know some have reported chipping with Zagg glass. A quality case, with a nice lip and a glass protector is just added insurance if you should drop the phone.

Most plastic protectors degrade screen quality and they don't feel as good when you swipe the screen. That's been my experience with the plastic ones.

11. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

I've been a big fan of glass screen protectors as they feel just like the naked screen and don't degrade the clarity of the screen. However, I feel it's much harder to get a perfect installation and the are definitely not forgiving. You can usually lift up a plastic screen protector and use tape to remove a piece of dust. Not so with a glass protector - if you get dust underneath and need to pull it up, it's pretty much impossible to get the corner to lay down perfectly again.

I had a glass screen protector for my Plus but the edge chipped when coming into contact with an airplane seat buckle. I got a replacement but couldn't get a decent installation. I went a couple of weeks with no screen protector but the surface scratches in the oleophobic coating drove crazy. So I ended up with a Ghost Armor from a mall kiosk. I actually like the Ghost Armor. Doesn't feel as good as the glass but I polished it and now has a good glide.