Need Help, What to buy?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Marti23, Jan 29, 2008.

1. Marti23 macrumors member

Im ready to make the switch!:D

I currently have this laptop: Toshiba Satellite P35-S605 17" Laptop (3.46 GHz Mobile Pentium 4 processor (HT), 512 MB RAM, 100 GB Hard Drive, DVD SuperMulti Drive Dbl Layer)

I want to try a Mac and i need a laptop that can replace the one above. How does the macbook and macbook pro compare to my laptop? How about getting a refurbished model like a 24'' iMac for 1549, someone told me not to buy refurbished but what do you guys think? Should i just buy new?

I was also wondering how much do you guys think i can get out of my laptop to help cover for my macs cost?

thanks in advance,
    Marti

2. stekerrod macrumors regular

what sort of things will you be using it for? i'd say probably the better of the white macbooks is the one for you though, depends what you need it for and how much you have to spend though!

i aint sure how much your old one would fetch though, dont know enough about PC second hand prices!

3. pcuser2 macrumors member

Yes it depends on what do you want your computer for, and of course your budget. If you want to get the refurbished Macbook, apple store is now offering a sale on the refurbished 13 Inch MacBook, you can have a look there.