need help...which prepaid carrier for iphone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Legacy Wealth, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Legacy Wealth macrumors member

Oct 5, 2012
    ok..I need some advise...I recently got a contract with At&t that I plan to cancel...asap and go to a prepaid carrier.... what's important to me is keeping my phone number ....keeping all iphone 5 features and also data speed...I was thinking about straight talk..but worried about them cutting the phone off...because I get and send thousands of text a month... tmobile ? straight talk ? h20 ? or any others ??? please help...thanks
  2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Apr 16, 2008
    At the iPhone hacks section.
    You're taking a risk with some of those mvno's.
    Straight talk, H2o and redpocket will just cancell your line if they consider you a heavy user.
    I know Tmobile wont but the other small companies running off AT&T's network are well known to do that.
  3. RNVarma macrumors regular

Feb 4, 2010
    Stick with Straight Talk until T-Mobile upgrades their cell towers to support 3G for iPhones.

As for your concerns, just make sure to stay under 2GB/month on Straight Talk.
  4. Legacy Wealth thread starter macrumors member

Oct 5, 2012
    ok...I can do that ...I have wifi at home.....what about talk & text though....I do a lot because of my business....
  5. vistadude macrumors 65816

Jan 3, 2010
    AT&T prepaid and good2go mobile look like a good deal for unlimited talk and text. They seem to have a per gb price for extra data so it seems they don't cut people off for using data, just charge you more.
  6. RNVarma macrumors regular

Feb 4, 2010