Need Help. Will these Programs run in parallels?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by jimmy8, Feb 8, 2008.

1. jimmy8 macrumors newbie

All right, I need some help. I love Macs and need to find out a few things before I purchase a new macbook or macbook pro. First of all I have an auto dealership and everything here is pc. Bootcamp is out of the question because I need to drag and drop between Vista and OSX. The catch is that I need to know if a few programs will run through Parallels. I believe one of the programs is a Virtual machine for Java. It just says Java Standard edition six. Another is a program from Reynolds and Reynolds called ERAlink32. I believe it is some sort of virtual machine as well. If you are not familiar with Reynolds, they make systems for auto dealerships. Below is a small amount on ERALink32. I can get more info if need. Just need to know if this stuff will run through Parallels. Thanks for any help you can give me.

“The ERALink32 Client component is a complete desktop personal computer (PC) integration product that provides a Graphical User Interface (GUI) for terminal emulation. The Client lets you use your PC as an ERA terminal.”

2. brantfordbrands macrumors newbie

Use VMWare - You can test on your Win machine first!

If you download the free trial for VMWare for PC, you can try and see if your programs work there first.

If it works there, it will work on your Mac.

I find VMWare is a lot more compatible than Parallels, and really the only place where I've seen compatibility issues so far is with 3D graphics.

...Jeff

3. fusionrocks macrumors newbie

To follow up on Brantfordbrands' point, you can also download a full version of VMware Fusion for a 30-day free trial, fully featured. http://www.vmware.com/mac