Need Help. Wireless Networking Issue with brand new MBP & Lnksys Wireless Router.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by raluck, May 8, 2011.

1. raluck macrumors newbie

Just purchased a MacBookPro for my wife as a Mother's Day gift and while the MBP recognizes my Lnksys wireless network/router (Wireless-G Broadband Router) when I click to join, it is unable to.

I use the MAC Address filter as my security and have typed the MBP's ethernet ID number into the mac filter list and have saved it (I have double checked to make sure my zeros = O and not the letter O). I have 6 other devices & their ethernet ID numbers are entered into to the MAC Ad filter list and they are all working fine.

Does anyone have a solution - of course my wife wants to hit the Facebook and can't? Much thanks, Peace!

- RaLuck

"It's ALWAYS something as they say but there is ALWAYS a solution!"

2. bigjobby macrumors 65816

did you enter the MAC address of your MBP's Airport (as oppose to the Ethernet)?

3. raluck thread starter macrumors newbie

I eventually found the MBP's airport MAC Address and then entered that into the MAC filter list and low & behold that worked! The odd thing is all the other MAC addresses for my other listed devices I believe are the Ethernet addresses and those work with the router. In any case, I have a connection and the wife is happy.

Thanks for your help bigjobby - much appreciated.

- RaLuck