Need help with 10.3 beta feedback.

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by Septembersrain, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Septembersrain Contributor

Septembersrain

I do not own a Mac. I went to the help section but found no specific answers. I also attempted to Google the steps needed after the logs were gathered on the device itself as well. My data signal is absurdly fluctuating and unstable. They had me gather telephony logs.

1) How do I gather these logs on a Windows PC running 10 on iTunes?

2) Once I've gathered them, am I supposed to submit them somewhere? If so, how do I do I accomplish this?

Thank you for the assistance!

P.S Please feel free to move if I've posted in the wrong place.

[​IMG]

2. casperes1996 macrumors 65816

casperes1996

Aside from the location of the folder, the steps should be the same I think. Now where exactly the folder then is on Windows is another discussion. I'm not too familiar with the data structuring of Windows. That said, I can recommend looking in the hidden folder in your Home Library, called AppData. Often used similarly to the Library folder on OS X. Otherwise, I recommend replying to the feecback comment saying you don't have a Mac.

3. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

In Windows Explorer, you need to enter %APPDATA% in the address bar and then go into the folder "Apple Computer" and from there the folders are going to be the same.

They're going to expect you to attach the .crash file to the reply.

4. Septembersrain thread starter Contributor

Septembersrain

I have to respond through feedback right? So I have to get the .crash file onto the iPhone? I'm very sorry, I'm still learning.

5. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Ahh, right... Reply to them and say you don't have a Mac like @casperes1996 said. The message has the old URL the program used to use, and so not even that help page they linked you to is live anymore.

6. casperes1996 macrumors 65816

casperes1996

Honestly, I wouldn't even know how to do this, as I'd use the Feedback Assistant app on the Mac. Tell them you don't have one and see what they say - And please do tell me, cause I'm a bit curious.

7. Septembersrain thread starter Contributor

Septembersrain

I wrote them back advising I did not have a Mac. I asked for them to clarify the instructions for someone who owns a PC.