need help with 10.6

Discussion in 'macOS' started by rahul.panchal, Mar 23, 2011.

1. rahul.panchal macrumors newbie

Hello
    i bought a macbook pro 15ich last year. this was my first mac and i did not know much about the system, and since i was buying the 2009 model i thought i came with leopard NOT snow leopard. so i asked the store for a free upgrade to snow leopard (which is 10.6 if i am correct). when i first turned my comp on the first thing i did was to install snow leopard from this disc. however i then realised that on the install discs that came with the macbook pro teh Mac OSX version is listed as 10.6 which means that it already had snow leopard on it.

now the problem is that my sister has an older macbook pro which has leopard on it. i have given the upgarde CD to her to upgarde her OS...am I doing anything wrong beacuse techniclly i havnt used the upgrade CD as 10.6 already came with my laptop.

2. simsaladimbamba

No, as you gave away the DVD and thus forfeit the license, unless you want the DVD back.

3. rahul.panchal thread starter macrumors newbie

so my sis will have no problems installing it on her comp like activation and all that?

4. rahul.panchal thread starter macrumors newbie

5. simsaladimbamba

Yes, as the DVD is not somehow bound to you. It is a normal working RETAIL version, and it will work with all Mac OS X 10.6 related updates.