Need help with 13" Macbook Pro and Airport Extreme

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sandman512, Sep 8, 2013.

1. sandman512 macrumors member

So, I purchased my first Macbook Pro and have running via my Airport Extreme Router with an 1TB HD hooked up to it. I can see the the external HD and all the folders I created on the HD. The problem is the photo folder. When I go to view the pictures in there, it is empty. I transferred everything out of it, reformatted it and put everything back in, no problems. It was working fine and then it did it again, no pictures. Any advice? THANKS!

2. *Batman* macrumors member

*Batman*

Are the permissions for the photos folder set properly? Are they in iPhoto format or just pictures in a folder when you're trying to view them?

3. sandman512 thread starter macrumors member

First, thanks for reply batman, much appreciated. Have to be honest, I have no idea about permissions. Second, they are just pictures in a folder. The problem is that when I access the HD, sometimes they are there and sometimes they are not. Strange. Thanks!

4. drewsof07 macrumors 68000

drewsof07

I've encountered the same issue when accessing shared drives at my work. I usually just unmount, then re-mount the drive and it's fixed. You can do this from disk utility by using the "Mount/Unmount" button.

Personally, I never had the patience for the airport extreme HD setup. I much prefer hooking drives to a Mac that is always on and accessible, like a server or dedicated desktop.

5. sandman512 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the reply. I actually had to erase/reformat twice, but it seems to be working now. If it acts up again, I'll try your way. Thanks again!

6. *Batman* macrumors member

*Batman*

I'm glad you were able to get it resolved. too bad it took formatting to do it.