Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nadasive

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 15, 2007
Henderson, Nevada
hey guys, okay so i got my dvi to vga adapter so i can connect my 2nd monitor onto my macbook pro
heres the problem
on leopard it works perfect but on windows vista ultimate (bootcamp) it doesn't work at all
it detects it and stuff but the screen itself is black
its on, the power button is green and its working fine.
somebody help please

Nadasive

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 15, 2007
Henderson, Nevada
alright this is what just happened
i booted into leopard and it worked, i restarted into windows vista, as it was starting it would show what happens on the external monitor but when it got to the log in part it went blank

please help

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
Try connecting an external keyboard and mouse, and reboot into Windows with the screen closed. That'll see if Vista is broke or something else

fr4c

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2007
Hamster wheel
what is the resolution set in Windows Vista? some monitors will not display if the set resolution is outside its "parameters".

Nadasive

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 15, 2007
Henderson, Nevada
what is the resolution set in Windows Vista? some monitors will not display if the set resolution is outside its "parameters".

I think its a bit over 1600x768
But I dont think that means anything because on mac os x my resolution was over 1600x768 and the other screen worked at 1024x768
and I've tried making both screens the same resloution and that didn't work either

The computer recgonizes it and it says its connected I don't see anything, its just black

I both more adapters and tried them all and non of them helped
I connected other screens and same crap
I'm guesing its from the os itself (one of the many reasons windows sucks)
I don't know what to do
today later I'm going to the apple store tonsee what there going to say

Osarkon

macrumors 68020
Aug 30, 2006
Wales
Just a thought - have you tried dragging a window over onto the screen?

It could always be on, just with no wallpaper.

Well you never know...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.