need help with 3GS just jailbroken with pwnage

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by psywzrd, Jun 23, 2010.

1. psywzrd macrumors 68030

I just used pwnage tool to jb my previously jailbroken 3GS from3.1.2 (jailbroken with pwnage and with modem firmware 4.26.08). Everything went through ok and when it booted back up it asked me if I wanted to set it up as new or restore from backup (I chose set it up as new since I'm selling it). It asked me to pick a name for the phone and started to sync and I cancelled it because I didn't want it to create a backup of this phone since I plan to restore my iphone4 from my most recent 3GS backup.

It did not ask me to activate it and when I go to Settings/General/About, it has my name at the top (Username's iphone). Obviously it has no service now and I want to get rid of my name on the phone. How do I accomplish this and how do I make sure that itunes doesn't create a backup of this phone that essentially has nothing on it right now?

2. psywzrd thread starter macrumors 68030

Ok. Not sure what happened but once I installed the new ultrasn0w to unlock my phone and rebooted the device, it came back up with service. Should I just hook the phone back up in Cydia and rename to something other than my name's iphone. Is that good enough so that I can sell it as jailbroken and unlocked? Also, can I do that without itunes creating a backup of this phone?