Need help with a "chrome to phone" type solution

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mysterioustko, May 21, 2011.

1. mysterioustko macrumors 6502

I am looking for a solution that will give me the same type of functionality of Google's chrome to phone on android. Also I need an app that does the inverse of this and let's me send from the phone to the computer also. Does anyone know of an app or apps that will give me this functionality?

2. EvanLugh macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

Site to phone. There's another, more updated & user friendly but i can't find it at the moment. There's also pastebot.

3. mysterioustko thread starter macrumors 6502

Site to phone isn't quite there. It pretty much works almost like a workaround of sorts. It only changes the bookmark which really isn't the same thing. The other problem is it doesn't copy my clipboard and send it to the phone. Pastebot isn't what I am trying to get either. Basically I am trying to get the same type of functionality as chrome to phone or firefox to phone and I also need something that does the inverse of that and sends pages from the phone to the computer. Thanks for the help though.

4. EvanLugh macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

i'm looking through my bookmarks to find what i had installed before - it sounds exactly like what you want.. i just can't remember the name :eek:

EDIT: got it! [airlink app] and a few others you might want to look at.

5. mysterioustko thread starter macrumors 6502

The airlink app seems like the closest thing to what I am trying to do. Unfortunately it doesn't copy the clipboard and it doesn't seem to send maps either. You'd think IOS would have something like this by now. *shrugs shoulders* Well thanks for the help anyway.

6. EvanLugh macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

you know i think we might see some decent work around soon, especially with the whole 'Lion + iOS integration'.

7. mysterioustko thread starter macrumors 6502

What I don't understand is why this functionality isn't built into the OS in the first place. It really is puzzling to me. It's one of those features that if people haven't used it they don't realize how useful it really is. Well hopefully someone comes up with a good and full solution soon.