Need help with a Java Issue

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by thenard, Feb 29, 2012.

1. thenard macrumors newbie

Hey Everyone.

I'm having problems with certain java buttons and some in browser issues. :confused:

I recently just upgraded to lion - but I had the same problem in SL. I hoped the upgrade might overwrite something or restore settings that I've changed at some point.

Screen shots are below.

The website image is from ted.com. The upgrade button that won't work is from Vuze and is prompted when the app starts.

the console screen shot is what happens when I click the vuze button. (you can ignore the mouse error)

any suggestions? should i just suck it up and re-install the entire OS from scratch?

i really don't want to do that.

thank you all for your help!

Attached Files:

2. naples98 macrumors member

naples98

Why do you think you have a Java problem?

I see errors that reference Javascript and Adobe. Make sure you have Javascript enabled in your browser. For Safari, go to Preferences > Security.

3. thenard, Feb 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2012

thenard thread starter macrumors newbie

these are the settings in safari.

and why would i be having the problem outside of a browser in a program like vuze?

also - all adobe software and flash versions are current.

Attached Files:

4. naples98 macrumors member

naples98

I don't think you have a Java problem (nothing shown indicates a Java problem). I think you have separate problems that are unrelated.

What browser are you using? I suspect Chrome based on the log files. If so, make sure Javascript is turned on in Chrome (Preferences > Under the Hood > Content Settings)

Recommend uninstalling Vuze and reinstalling it.