Need help with a Win7/Parallels 6 install (trail)

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by bossxii, Nov 12, 2010.

1. bossxii macrumors 68000

Just looking for some advice on what I maybe doing wrong here. I downloaded the trail of Parallels 6 and put the Win7 disk in the drive, then this happens. I get a blank list vs showing what is available to install.

The Win 7 is a OEM Ultimate our IT guy at work hooked me up with. He has zero clue about Mac's so he's not much help tonight haha, but thought I would see if anyone knows what the issue is.

Here is a picture of the screen I'm stuck on.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; U; CPU OS 3_2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/531.21.10 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.4 Mobile/7B500 Safari/531.21.10)

http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=97160

B

3. bossxii thread starter macrumors 68000

Thank you! I was searching around MR, should have been searching the Parallels forums. Much appreciated, that was exactly my issue and that thread seemed so far to solve my issue. Installing Win 7 as we speak.

Thanks again!

4. bossxii thread starter macrumors 68000

And... it locks up at 49% on the install... back to searching.

5. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

You could always try to download one of the official ISOs an install that in Parallels without a product key for up to 30 days (extendable to 120). Just to make sure it runs the way you want it to...

I've posted the links before. Search the forum.

B