iPhone Need Help With Adblocker Tweak

EM2013

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 2, 2013
So I installed the Adblocker tweak on my iPhone and now some sites won't work properly or at all (IGN, Yahoo)

So I was wondering if there was a way to turn off Adblocker for some sites? If so, how?

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
So I installed the Adblocker tweak on my iPhone and now some sites won't work properly or at all (IGN, Yahoo)

So I was wondering if there was a way to turn off Adblocker for some sites? If so, how?
unfortunately, no

if you wanted to customize adblocker, you would need to not use the tweak and edit the hosts file

isn't there a control center flipswitch/toggle to enable/disable adblocker though?

Comment

alkalifly

macrumors regular
Apr 13, 2004
There is a flipswitch toggle for adblocker. But there is also a custom whitelist in the adblocker settings. Would that not help the OP?

Comment

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
There is a flipswitch toggle for adblocker. But there is also a custom whitelist in the adblocker settings. Would that not help the OP?
i did not know about the whitelist; if there is a whitelist, then that would be helpful

the real problem I see with that is you have to know the various URLs that yahoo is using

Comment

EM2013

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 2, 2013
But there is also a custom whitelist in the adblocker settings. Would that not help the OP?
How do I use that? I've tried but I don't know how to use it.

----------

i did not know about the whitelist; if there is a whitelist, then that would be helpful

the real problem I see with that is you have to know the various URLs that yahoo is using
Yahoo isn't a big deal to me but how can I add IGN to the whitelist?

Comment

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
How do I use that? I've tried but I don't know how to use it.

----------

Yahoo isn't a big deal to me but how can I add IGN to the whitelist?
i never used the flipswitch either. i'm guessing when you turn it off, it disables adblocker (to which you will refresh the website and the page should load like normal)

Comment

EM2013

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 2, 2013
i never used the flipswitch either. i'm guessing when you turn it off, it disables adblocker (to which you will refresh the website and the page should load like normal)
I meant how to use the whitelist

Comment

gotluck

macrumors 603
Dec 8, 2011
East Central Florida
I haven't been able to get the whitelist working for yahoo or espn. I disable adblocker in settings before going to problem sites. I think you have to whitelist the particular ad network the site uses.

Comment

chaohliu

macrumors newbie
Aug 13, 2012
I disable adblocker for safari and use Weblock found in the ios store. Allows most ads to be blocked without interfering with some site.

Comment