Need help with Adium and Facebook

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Jason Beck, Jun 16, 2010.

1. Jason Beck macrumors 68000

Jason Beck

They won't play nicely together. I keep getting a constant request for my password when I try to log it in. Any ideas? It worked about a week ago.. :( Tried reinstalling scratch both 1.3.10 or whatever, and the 1.4 beta. Neither can make it past the query for password.

I know I know.. its Facebook... but I have to use it to keep in touch with cousins in Cali and stuff. :D Any help would be appreciated. I tried appzapper and then clean installing it, to no avail.

Thanks in advance :D

2. Middling macrumors regular

In your Adium accounts you're not using the Facebook option are you? This is the old way of doing it.

A couple of months back Facebook finally followed through with their promise of two years ago to support XMPP. You should be using an XMPP account to log into Facebook now, instructions are located here.

If you're already using the proper method to connect i don't think i'll be able to help since i don't use Facebook.

3. Jason Beck thread starter macrumors 68000

Jason Beck

oh wow... k I was using the old way I think. I will go check it out in the morning. Bookmarked your link.

Stuck on the FF13 boss fight for chapter 5 ahahha :D

4. Julian16 macrumors newbie

adium/fb

I used the instruction provided above and it seemed to register okay, but Adium doesn't show any of my FB contacts. Any suggestions?