Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Phil507

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 7, 2008
Hi everyone,

Ok, first things first, I actually don't own a Mac but I have a PC notebook (please, don't throw things at me). Anyways, I just got it about 4 days ago and downloaded iTunes so I could use my 80 gb classic ipod with it.

Anyways, when I needed to add artwork for a new album manually (i.e. iTunes library did not yet have the artwork) I noticed something funny. When I have my itunes library open and I go to View - Show Album artwork, the artwork displays in the lower left hand corner, which isn't the issue as this should be the case.

What is wierd is that artwork in lower left hand corner only displays what is CURRENTLY being played not what I have SELECTED. The reason I ask about this is because when I want to update artwork for an album, I just want to select the album and drag and drop. I don't want to have to go through playing each song individually for 3 seconds so I can add the artwork. This was never a problem on my last computer however I have a feeling it was because I didn't update my iTunes for a while.

Anyways, I know this sounds dumb and trivial but any help would be appreciated. Thanks so much for any responses!

-Phil

Sky Blue

Jan 8, 2005
Click the bar above the artwork that says 'Now playing', it will change to Selected Item

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.