Need help with an unlock code...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Private Dirt, Jun 30, 2009.

1. Private Dirt macrumors regular

Private Dirt

I do have an iPhone but my son was given a sidekick slider and he has come to me to get it unlocked. I was hoping that one of you gurus could help me(i dont even know where to get started)out without scalding me. My son is 8 yrs old and you would put a huge smile on his face if you helped him out.

2. bit_bucket macrumors regular

bit_bucket

Best way that I have used on non iPhone devices is just to call your carrier and ask them. They will then walk you through the steps and you will be unlocked.

Good luck

3. Pgohlke macrumors 6502

normally you can call the company its tied to and then request to have the phone unlocked, but you might have to pay for it. By the way since when have 8 year olds need cell phones?

4. moka macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

Since the day that kid got one!

5. vinay427 macrumors 6502a

vinay427

And if calling the carrier doesn't work, this is a reputable site where you can buy the code pretty cheap.

In my case, calling AT&T didn't work. They gave me an unlock case and a week later they rejected me. And I've heard people's stories who got their phones unlocked the day they got them. I've had mine for 7 months now! :mad: