Need help with Apollo please

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by SKANLEZ, Feb 21, 2008.

1. SKANLEZ macrumors member

Hi everyone, I'm a bit of a noob. Well first of all I purchased the phone (for tmobile carrier) with it being unlock and jailbroken already. The "installer" was already on the phone and that's how I accessed Apollo. Can someone post picture's please. What I did was opened up Apollo, clicked on "add" clicked on "AIM" and then typed in my AIM name and password. Then clicked on save and tried to sign on and all it say's is "could not connect to authentication server: Could not resolve host name"

On the edit screen all I see it" username, password and below which I cannot type into is: server and port. Please I need help guys and greatly appreciate it.

2. ajl917 macrumors 6502

Try adding this source: repo.tiny-code.com
    It should work right, then install the Apollo Connectivity... app and it should work...

3. SKANLEZ thread starter macrumors member

When you mean "source" do you mean type it in safari? Or do I need to install something in "install 3.0" to be able to where I can type repo.tiny-code.com?

Thanks for trying to help me out, I really appreciate it.

4. JohnsonVision macrumors newbie

go into installer and then select "sources" at the bottom left. Hit "edit" then "add" which will pop up a window to add the repo beginning with http://, enter in the repo and hit ok. It will refresh, and when you hit "install" at the bottom right you should be able to find the Tiny Code folder which will have the package Apollo IM Connectivity Fix.

If this doesnt work, its beacuse Tiny Code has stopped providing code for the sources.

5. SKANLEZ thread starter macrumors member

Okay, I opened up Install and on the bottom right I clicked on Sources. The edit is on the top right so I clicked on that and clicked on Add. Then Add Source came up and I typed in "repo" so basically it looks like http://repo and then I clicked on OK.

Now I cannot find Tiny Code in the Install, is it in a folder in the Install? Dang, I really want to get this working. Thank's for trying to help me out though.

6. JohnsonVision macrumors newbie

No you don't just type "repo" and that's it, you have to type the whole source which was mentioned in an earlier post. I think it was repo.tiny-code.com or something like that.

7. SKANLEZ thread starter macrumors member

Yes that is what I typed "http://repo.tiny-code.com and still no Tiny Code :(

8. zipper1022 macrumors regular

i added the tiny code source too and its not showing up either.

9. SKANLEZ thread starter macrumors member

10. SKANLEZ thread starter macrumors member

I probably shouldn't be asking this to you guys but oh well. My girlfriend is afraid to do the update because the microsoft version that we are using now is a copy of her brother's. Would it still be safe to do the update?

11. ajl917 macrumors 6502

What, update firmwares?

12. SKANLEZ thread starter macrumors member

Update her XP on her computer, would it be okay to do the updates even if her microsoft office is a copy?

13. SKANLEZ thread starter macrumors member

Yay, thank's so much for who ever put the Apollo Fix in the Install. Apollo works great now and is much faster then BeeJive.

14. ghostchild macrumors 6502

ghostchild

Can someone please put the source back up? Doesn't seem to work anymore :/ thanks

15. SKANLEZ thread starter macrumors member

It seems to crash on me when I try to log on through EDGE but it's fine when its through Wifi. Wierd.

16. ghostchild macrumors 6502

ghostchild

I'm using wifi only but I still don't have the soucre file so I can't test it

17. ViPa macrumors 6502a

i get the same error as the thread starter..and i also dont see the "apollo connectivity" after adding the source..help!

18. G-Prime macrumors member

19. NDimichino macrumors 6502a

NDimichino

I've been following this post trying all the suggestions and nothing has been working. I have Apollo installed and am getting the same pop-up as the OP. With that said, I tried the tiny-code source several times, but it hasn't brought the Apollo fix to my list of installs. Any help would be greatly appreciated...

20. LuisT macrumors newbie

21. Absent-One macrumors newbie

Apollo isnt working over Edge for me.
    WiFi works fine but no Edge.
    Tried all the fixes I could find, and still nada.

So installed MobleChat 2.3 about 15 min ago and its working great on Edge - havn't tested wifi yet, will when i'm home.