Need Help with Apple Repair

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Hos1234, May 2, 2011.

1. Hos1234 macrumors newbie

Ok, quick facts and will answer questions if I miss anything. In Laws asked me to look at their Macbook, I work on PC's mainly so took into apple to have them look it over. Told it needed to be sent off to the depot. Had them pop the case and verify no water damage, the girl came back told me there was no sign of water damage and that it would be a flat rate of 280. So I gave them the go ahead to send it off. Get a call 6 days later that they found microscopic corrosion and that this shows water/liquid damage, but there were no signs of water/liquid damage on the case or metal inside the laptop, I asked for a pic to be sent to see what they are talking about. So tell me, do you see any corrosion in this pic, and how should I go from here, the price told to me was 755, I so far have them down to 430, and they are holding firm there.

Attached Files:

2. discounteggroll macrumors 6502

discounteggroll

that stinks, I am attaching a photo from a macbook logic board that I just stripped. Where are you located?

Attached Files:

3. Hos1234 thread starter macrumors newbie

I am in Fort Worth. How much would you take for the board?

4. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

Have you tried looking here. I guess it all depends on what model you have.

5. discounteggroll macrumors 6502

discounteggroll

what is the speed of your macbook? I would venture that it is 2.16 or a 2.4 GHz but want to make sure I have at least the same model speed in stock. Do you want me to ship you a part or receive your computer, complete the repair and send it back to you?

6. Hos1234 thread starter macrumors newbie

Speed I would have to check on, like I said this is not my laptop. I would prefer if needed you to do the work. I have no problem stripping any of the pc's apart to work on them, laptops or desktops that is. But macs I have stayed away from. Get me your contact info, and I will give you a call and we can discuss this. Thanks.

7. Hos1234 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, I figured they would have that on there, but never checked it out. I will ask them when they call again. I am waiting on better pics to show the damage they are claiming to be there. That photo does not show me really anything that they are claiming.

8. discounteggroll macrumors 6502

discounteggroll

info being sent...

hey, I cant seem to PM you. my email is my username at gmail.com