Need help with ATT FAN Code!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by benjamin9876, Jul 7, 2009.

1. aneftp macrumors 68040

1. What you are asking for is considered FAN fraud. If you are not associated with HP you should not be eligible for their FAN discount.

2. That is why ATT is imposing a $36 "activation" fee PER line for every FAN discount added after 30 days of service because of FAN fraud.

Just becareful because ATT will become like Verizon and start demanding verification for the discount you may be entitled too.

2. benjamin9876 thread starter macrumors member

3. Future2001 macrumors member

Well when I signed up through my jobs website. I had to fax them work verification since my job doesn't give us lowly employees email. So if you dont have an hp email address you'll need to fax in proof.

4. benjamin9876 thread starter macrumors member

5. iFerd macrumors 6502a

To receive my discount, I had to reply to a message sent to my email address that is associated with my employer. Without replying to that message, no discount would have been applied. So I doubt it matters what you can see on a web site. If you don't have an HP email address, you will be out of luck.