Need help with Azureus (separate file problem)

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by knobtwiddler, Oct 2, 2007.

1. knobtwiddler macrumors regular

knobtwiddler

Can the new version of azureus do separate file downloads? Example: downloading a torrent which has many large files but you only need one or two. The old azureus allowed you to pick which files you wanted to download and which you didn't. I can't seem to find this option on the new one. If it won't do this, are there any other torrent clients that can? Any help appreciated. You guys have always been good in the past.

2. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

All versions of Azureus can do this. I haven't used the latest "Vuze" 3.x versions but behind their fancy new interface is still the same old Azureus... the way in which you select individual files should be no different.

3. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

You may have a reason for needing Azureus, but I strongly recommend Transmission, which recently got the features of separate file selecting and prioritizing :)

4. disconap macrumors 68000

disconap

Azureus offers this by default; click the torrent file and uncheck the files you don't want.

5. ricosuave macrumors 6502

ricosuave

Is there a way to automatically stop seeding after it reaches a set share ratio?

edit: I am speaking about Azureus

6. knobtwiddler thread starter macrumors regular

knobtwiddler

Um, couldn't you just delete the torrent from your torrent client once you've seeded the amount you want to.