Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Beniahlee

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 31, 2012
So I started to install windows 7 on my '08 iMac and like a dumbass I didn't realize I didn't have the osx cd because I bought it used. I have not way of getting a cd. Now I'm stuck in windows with no sound and don't know if I can reverse this? Please help!

M-B-P

macrumors regular
May 15, 2010
Try holding the option key after rebooting and you show see an option to boot into Windows or OSX.

RedCroissant

Suspended
Aug 13, 2011
So I started to install windows 7 on my '08 iMac and like a dumbass I didn't realize I didn't have the osx cd because I bought it used. I have not way of getting a cd. Now I'm stuck in windows with no sound and don't know if I can reverse this? Please help!

Since you were doing a bootcamp install, you should be able to boot into MAC OS X and then open boot camp assistant again. There should be an option to delete the boot camp partition.

Beniahlee

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 31, 2012
Sorry been crazy at work. I've tried countless time doing that, but I don't think the Bluetooth keyboard works cause no bluetooth drivers installed. I plugged in a cheapo windows keyboard via USB but no luck. Tried a bunch of different buttons too since no option button. Any ideas from here?

Rlnplehshalo

macrumors regular
Jan 28, 2011
Sorry been crazy at work. I've tried countless time doing that, but I don't think the Bluetooth keyboard works cause no bluetooth drivers installed. I plugged in a cheapo windows keyboard via USB but no luck. Tried a bunch of different buttons too since no option button. Any ideas from here?

As I mentioned in another post with a similiar situation, I'm sure certain websites will offer the driver package if not the whole installation disc of OSX, that once downloaded could easily be burnt to a disc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.