Need help with Boot Camp

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by DarkSlifer00, Sep 6, 2013.

1. DarkSlifer00 macrumors newbie

Hi guys, I'm new here, I wanted to know something about the application Bootcamp. I apologize for eventual grammar mistakes i could make since i'm not english.
    I have a Macbook Pro 13" of the end of 2011 with osx Lion. I know that Bootcamp is an application that allows you to install a Windows partition on your hard disk, but for my version of Bootcamp I can only install Windows 7.
    I wanted to install Windows XP and I thought I could since in the older version of Bootcamp in Snow Leopard this was possible. The question is: can I somehow download that old version of Bootcamp on my osx Lion? And if yes, could you give me the dl link? Thanks :)

2. saturnotaku macrumors 68000

You need to be running Snow Leopard in order to use Boot Camp to install XP. But why do you want that old operating system? Every program I used on XP including some old games I managed to get working on Windows 7.

3. DarkSlifer00 thread starter macrumors newbie

The only reason why i wanted to install windows xp is because i have the original disk... i also have a windows 7 iso (not activated), but bootcamp doesn't recognize it. I'll retry installing windows 7 then :/ . Anyway, thanks for the reply :)

4. xcodeSyn macrumors 6502a

With your MBP which came with an internal SuperDrive, you can only install Windows using the internal DVD drive under Boot Camp. So your Win 7 ISO is useless unless it is burned to a DVD disc. This link shows you how to do just that, so you can use the DVD to install Windows 7.