Need help with Boot camp...

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Steve91t, Dec 19, 2008.

1. Steve91t macrumors newbie

I've got a 2 year old MacBook with Tiger. I downloaded Boot camp and turned back my clock to allow it to download.

Anyway, here's where I get hung up.

I am at the part where you partition the hard drive. It comes up that the partition failed because there are files can't be moved. I need to go to disk utility and make the disk journaled. It says it is, but it's shaded. Also at the top of disk utility, there is a button that says "enable journaling", but it is shaded as well.

If I go to disk utility, then to "partition", at the bottom it says...

"This disk contains the start up volume and can't be partitioned".

I think that's my problem. What do I do?

This probably doesn't make much sense. Let me know if anyone has any information that may help.

Also, I have a copy of Window with service pack 1a. I've heard that it's not going to work, but I've also heard that I can just download the update.

Thanks for any help,
    Steve

2. GfulDedFan macrumors 65816

GfulDedFan

You'll need to use Disk Utility from your Restore Disk to work on your startup disk. Use caution as this can be dangerous if things go awry so I suggest making a complete backup of your hard drive before you begin.

Yes, you'll need xp sp2 for BootCamp.

3. SHADO macrumors 6502a

SHADO

You can slipstream SP2 onto a new disk. It's not hard at all, and it will work.