Need help with buggy Macbook Pro keyboard!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mrls06, May 6, 2009.

1. mrls06 macrumors newbie

I've been having some problems with my Macbook Pro (2.33GHz, 2GB RAM, about 1.5-2 years old) keyboard.

If I start typing in a field on a website or on iChat, the text cursor will sometimes randomly insert itself several words or sometimes letters away from where I was originally typing (I'm having this problem as I write this thread, and it's extremely annoying). Sometimes I'll be typing and the whole field will become highlighted randomly without hitting command a or using the mouse.

And yet other times random other windows will become active. For example, I'll be typing a line to a friend on iChat, but in mid-sentence a chat window with another friend will become active without me selecting it and my type will go to that window.

Any suggestions to get it fixed (software update I'm hoping)?

2. u49aa2 macrumors 6502a

u49aa2

strange! I am assuming you ran a software update? If i was you i would run disk utility (disk repair and permission repair). if it doesn't work, run onyx and then if it doesn't work i would consider reinstalling leopard (if you can't find the answer and you are really desperate).

3. jampat macrumors 6502a

As you have a mouse, try disabling the trackpad so you can narrow down your problem to the trackpad or the keyboard. It sounds like the the trackpad may be picking up your palms.