Need help with calendar solution

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by snyder17315, Sep 25, 2013.

1. snyder17315 macrumors newbie

Hello all! I'm having a problem trying to find a solution to the following. I have five different email addresses on two different platforms. Two are on Outlook 2011 in Mac) for work, and three are on iCal for home and freelance work.

My problem is I'm not able to sync my Outlook calendar events with iCal, so when I'm away from my computer (ie outlook), I'm cut off from literally half my events.

To make things more complicated, my wife and I share an iCal "family" calendar, so not using iCal isn't an option.

So, what's a guy like me to do to be able to manage all my contacts and calendars in one place?

Thanks!

2. sbailey4 macrumors 68030

sbailey4

iCloud?

Have you considered iCloud? There you can set up your calendar and create shared calendars for whomever you want to share with. Also you can set up iCloud integration with outlook too using the iCloud control panel. Then you see and manage all iCloud calendars right in outlook or via icloud.com or your iDevice.

Also iCloud used for backup and management of contacts as well and it also integrates with Outlook.

3. snyder17315 thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't use Windows. I use Outlook 2011 on Mac.

4. sbailey4 macrumors 68030

sbailey4

Ah my bad. didn't read close enough. iCloud should still be an option tho. Or perhaps outlook.com acct and use it for calendar. It should sync with outlook and can easily be setup on the iDevice as well. Also available via browser. Sorry not a MAC user so cant really help much with mac version of outlook.

5. Sital macrumors 68000

Sital

BusyCal may also be a solution for you. It syncs with iCal and now can sync to Outlook through Exchange. It's what iCal should have been in the first place.