Need Help with choosing Antivirus software

Discussion in 'macOS' started by pcs are junk, Oct 23, 2009.

1. pcs are junk macrumors 65816

hi, i know that there are no viruses for mac, and that i dont need an antivirus program, but i need the antivirus program that makes it so it detects windows viruses, so i dont spread them to pc users over email. if someone could give me the name of a free one, that would be well appreciated. thanks!

2. pcs are junk thread starter macrumors 65816

can u not send me that google stuff, i am not looking to do this on google, it takes forever. go to this website for more information. http://tinyurl.com/yfwq743

3. Kate. macrumors regular

Mroogle isn't a Google search. It searches the Mac Rumors forum, the implication being that there are plenty of topics already on this subject.

4. pcs are junk thread starter macrumors 65816

yeah well thats great but none of them have answered my question.

5. dirt farmer macrumors 6502

That's funny, your computer must not work. I clicked on the Mroogle link and found your answer... in several different threads.

6. The Flashing Fi macrumors 6502a

Unfortunately, many of those threads are quite old.

MS just released their own Anti-Virus software. It's pretty simple, lightweight, and it works well. It's called Microsoft Security Essentials.

7. chriszzz macrumors 6502

It seems no one can do anything for themselves anymore. Apparently a link to tons of results that answer the questions isn't good enough.

OP, would you prefer for someone to come to your home and install some AV software for you while making you dinner?

8. pcs are junk thread starter macrumors 65816

i would insult you people greatly but i dont want to get banned. and no ive searched all over google and i cant find it. so i came here, a more reliable source. but u have just showed me that it is unreliable. nice going making a rep for macrumors.