Need Help with choosing MacBook pro or Macbook air

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Applefanboy8153, Feb 25, 2013.

1. Applefanboy8153 macrumors regular

Hi, there I live in India right now and I am planning to purchase my 1st laptop, I am unable to choose between MacBook Pro Retina 13 inch with 128GB SSD, 8GB RAM and i5 processor. The MacBook Air comes with a i5 1.8 GHz Processor, 4GB Ram and 256 GB RAM.
    I plan to use it for the following purposes:
    1. School (Word Processing, Keynote, Photo editing etc.)
    2. Light Gaming. (Kinetic void, Civilization 5, Black ops 1)
    3. Movies and TV shows (Stored on 1TB external HDD)
    4. Some video editing.
    5. Guitar (via Garage Band)
    6. Presentations.
    Both of them cost 100,000 Rupees and need to last me for 4 years at the very least. I am taking Apple Care. I am also concerned about MBA's RAM which cannot be upgraded later. Also Apple does not offer customized Laptops in India. I am also looking at the MacBook Pro 13 with 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM, core i7 2.9GHz. Costs the same.
    Thanks,
    :apple: Fanboy8153

2. Orlandoech macrumors 68040

Orlandoech

I would opt for the 13" Retina over the Air, especially if you're going to do even minor video editing.

For the price of the 13" Retina, why not a 15" cMBP if you're going to do video editing and gaming?

3. Applefanboy8153 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the advice but I just want to use imovies for home vids. I will be using cs6 because I am attending photography workshops. The 15 inch mbp is out of my budget of 100000 rupees. I am not concerned about space as I will be using external hdds and sd cards but I want the notebook to last for at least 4 years.