Need help with Cocoa...

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by StaticEnigma, Aug 16, 2010.

1. StaticEnigma macrumors newbie

StaticEnigma

Hey all! I'm a bit of a newbie in the coding world, but I'm bumping along in the textbooks and tutorials... but I have a few questions, three to be exact.

1) I want to make a "generator" type application that will generate a couple of precoded rules on the same page, such as like this... is this possible in Cocoa?

2) Is there some way I can add buttons to my app? Such as, you press it, and you generate a new set of "rules".

3) How do I edit the appearance of the application that results? Is it written in C, or HTML?

See, I haven't gotten quite as far as the finished app yet (I've written a few things in C before, but they were all controlled via terminal), and the stuff that I've read doesn't mention being able to do something like that in Cocoa.

2. mongrol macrumors regular

It's very possible in Cocoa and in many other languages. For Cocoa you need to write it in Objective-C. You use XCode as the IDE and Interface Builder to design your window, text area and buttons. See http://developer.apple.com's Mac developer section.

3. jared_kipe macrumors 68030

jared_kipe

I don't understand how mongrol was able to tell what you are looking to accomplish, but whatever it is I'm sure it is possible with Cocoa.

(your image is super super small I can't make out the text)

4. StaticEnigma thread starter macrumors newbie

StaticEnigma

5. mongrol macrumors regular

The was quite big to me (800x600 ish) and perfectly readable. The content of it did make me fear a bit for his children until I realised it's for a game. :)