Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

a1229mbp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 8, 2015
Hi
Everyone, I am calling out to all the talented component level gurus out there. On the forum
I have a MacBook Pro (17" A1229, 820-2132, 051-7261). With a weird issue.

Firstly I do not want to replace the whole logic board or replace the dc in board. Instead I would like to repair them.

The problem is that the Macbook pro does not turn on, and boot up
If i just connect the battery without the charger it will start up for a second, fan spins and hard drive spins up but does no go further. Same with the just the charger connected but the power button has no reaction when pressed neither do the PWR ON pads on the logic board neither do the SYS RST PADS but when connected by battery it has reaction from the power button and the PWR ON pads but not the SYS RST Pads.

Please can some one advise on what to do to diagnose and fix this. I more than happy to provide measurement results.

I will really appreciate the help from everyone from the forum, especially all the people with component repair and with experience on this board.

Many Thanks in advance

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.